Thursday 13 April 2017

Hope is in Bloom Once Again

Last week, I once again, had the honor of hanging out with the folks at Hope Blooms.

My intention was to discuss a few of the tricks I currently have up my sleeve, some of which I'm hoping can be of benefit to this outstanding organization.

After these discussions took place, Jessie and I discussed the importance of having age specific activities, which enable those within each group to bond, while at the same time encouraging interaction between the organization’s youngest and oldest members. This, to me, is what Hope Blooms is all about - the collaboration of young people, towards a common goal, for the good of their community.

I have watched a number of these guys (and gals) grow up over the last few years - first from afar, but more recently first-hand. Three Christmases ago, I was fortunate enough to spend a few days with a group of Hope Bloomers, and to see that some of those same individuals are soon graduating is pretty neat.

As I go forward in my own endeavours, I keep the story of Hope Blooms close to my heart. What started from a single individuals vision has shaped the lives of an otherwise forgotten community, by showcasing the positive aspects, rather than the stigmas that had previously been attached to this part of the city. What makes Jessie so incredible is that she did this, all the while placing the spotlight on the kids, and pushing herself out of her comfort zone. She is equally as much of an inspiration as all of the members of Hope Blooms have been for me.

If you’re ever told you can’t achieve something good in the world, or your dreams, more generally, are silly or can never be realized,  look no further than this example. Hope Blooms is the real deal, and will inspire you to do greatness every single time.

To learn more about Hope Blooms, visit their website at http://hopeblooms.ca, or follow them on social media using @hopebloomshfx.

Thank you guys (and gals), once again for letting me share your space, inspiring me, and just being awesome! Keep up the great work, and I can’t wait to catch up with you all when I come back in December!

-the Orange Canadian

No comments:

Post a Comment