Thursday 12 May 2016

Choppy Thoughts

Two years ago today I left Canada... and I have to say, life is pretty darn good.


I'm now, of course, back in Canada, but don't plan on being here for long. I'm also not trying to suggest that my life is only good because I left. But, I've just been reflecting over the last few days about the changes, adventures, and opportunities I have seen in this time.

This is, what I think looks like, a nifty mountain scene.
I think this is what started my process of reflection...
As is life, there were many ups and downs. But mostly, there were ups. Even those times that weren't so enjoyable, I take them in stride. They are all learning experiences, after all. And for all of it - the good, the bad, and even the ugly - I feel grateful. I feel like I'm on the cusp of something big, and meaningful, and I'm full of excitement... even if the things I'd planned on doing at this time have not fallen into place. I am grateful and I am hopeful.

This is sort of a choppy post, and for that I apologize. I just thought I'd give you all a glimpse into my thought process, I guess?! But, I also just think there's a lot to reflect upon, and equally so, it's important to take time every once in a while and just appreciate it all. So, thanks... for letting me just be reflective, in twelve* lines or less.

-the Orange Canadian

*This would have been accurate, if I hadn't switched up the layout of the blog! Oops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment