Saturday 30 January 2016

Finding Love in Unexpected Places

Now before you get all excited, I must warn you - the title of this blog post is slightly misleading. Sure, I've found a good man who provides me with the one thing  I desire most in this beautiful, beautiful country. His name is Amman. And, that one thing, is called Rolex.

Okay, so it's not a romance - it's a food item. But you know me, I love food!

The transition to Rolex admiration started slowly. It first began with a semi-unhealthy love/obsession with chapati. First, by making them ourselves, and then, upon realizing how much cheaper it is to buy them I began to eat them for breakfast. And, throughout this growing love of chapati, I was informed about this mystical creature called a Rolex. I ate my first rolex over the Christmas/Holiday break, and my life hasn't been the same since.

Rolex, for those of you unfamiliar with this beautiful creation, is a tasty morning favourite that consists of a freshly made chapati, two eggs, and a little tomato and onion action. It's basically a greasy breakfast wrap. Think Irving Big stop breakfast mating with Coras, less the fruit, wrapped up in a plastic bag. The most basic omelette wrapped in a gentle chapati hug... that oozes oil instead of love. Oh, and made under arguably some of the most unsanitary conditions*. I'm not really selling this, am I?

I guess you'll just have to trust me. And the deliciousness of this photo:


Rolex has been the best discovery since the great Falafel discovery of 2015.

-the Orange Canadian

*Even though these tasty treats (Rolex or chapati) aren't made in the most sanitary of places, I ensure that I do my best to find people who take a little more care in their preparation. But also, the risk is part of the enjoyment! Oh, and by "unsanitary conditions" I mean, they're made along the side of the road, not in some fancy-shmancy restaurant. It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment