Tuesday 16 September 2014

Disorganized Chaos...

Well, it's finally here - departure day number two! It's hard to believe I was in this position just over four months ago, and yet here I am again! This time though, it all feels different. I've got my bags just about packed and the travel jitters have set in. ...okay so maybe I've had too much caffeine, who knows!?!

Fact: Emily does not handle last minute well.

When I returned from Ghana I never anticipated having any issues getting my student visa for the UK. Remember that post were I declared that things were finally going my way? Well, that came to an abrupt end. But, a week later than planned, here I am only hours away from departing for England. Without my passport or visa in my physical possession, I booked a one way ticket to Manchester yesterday morning, assuming I would receive those important documents today. When I called to ask about the estimated delivery time, I was initially told it would be sometime before 8pm, which was great considering I have to be at the airport no later than that exact time. But, thankfully, I was able to arrange a 10-4 time slot. And then came the waiting game...

I am usually someone who has travel arrangements confirmed months in advance, packing done at least a week prior to departure, and still has a panic attack at the thought of "what have I forgotten?"! This time around, I have no idea what I'm doing when I land, I bought my plane ticket the day before I left and I still have a bit of packing to do! I'm am so far out of my comfort zone, I can't even see the boundaries...and I love it!


Tonight I depart Halifax, and in the morning will be landing in Reykjavik, Iceland for a two or three hour stop over before making the final lag to Manchester. I have no idea what to expect over the next year. I'll try to keep you posted on adjusting to life, travels, and any other exciting things that might take place!

Wish me luck!

- the Orange Canadian

No comments:

Post a Comment