Monday 11 July 2016

Popcorn-on-the-Cob

The title of this post pretty much says it all.

For the last few months every time I have visited my grandmother, she has pulled out a package containing a brown paper bag and what looks like an ordinary cob of corn and insists that we make it. The problem is that she also makes obnoxiously filling meals, so generally by dessert/snack time, there is no room for anything more (I know, a difficult problem to be faced with!).

Anyway, this past weekend, I spent some quality time with my favourite grandmother, and like clock work, as we were preparing dinner she pulls out the aforementioned cob of corn. The difference, is that this time we actually made it... and it. was. pretty neat! I only wish I had taken a before shot.

Before:

Photo Credit: Barb Pierce who came to the rescue!
But, h Here's the aftermath:


How it works is pretty simple. Basically, you place the cob into the brown bag, fold the opening closed a few times, and then pop it in the microwave for a few minutes, or until the popping stops for more than a few seconds. Then voila - you get a full bowl of freshly popped popcorn! We seasoned ours with a little maple chive salt, which made for an epic Canadian twist on a classic snack.


Then I killed her at a game of dominoes.

-the Orange Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment