Wednesday 4 March 2015

One year of the Orange Canadian!

It's hard to believe, but it has officially been one full year since I launched this blog! Here's a recap of what the past year has brought:
  • I introduced myself
  • Got accepted to multiple Master's programs, and ultimately decided on the University of Manchester
  • Graduated from my undergraduate degree
  • I realized my dream of going to Africa, by volunteering in Ghana for three short months
  • Returned home and readjusted to life in Canada
  • Moved to Manchester, UK
  • Had a slight breakdown
  • Started my Masters degree
  • Made some amazing friends
  • Travelled on my own, with friends and even my step-dad, Scott
  • Debated the true meaning of The Giving Tree
  • Discovered 'snomesickness'
  • Turned 30
  • Participated in my first ever Chinese New Year
  • And, so much more!
And, if that's not enough, here's a little video to recap it all! ...well, most of it!

I find it interesting how viewership has varied from month to month. Oddly enough, July had been my 'most successful' month, until February happened. February. The shortest month of the year! Within this time, readership went from being strictly within North America to all over the world!

The "Top 10" countries that follow the blog!
Thanks so much to everyone who has supported and encouraged me to keep this going. I've appreciated all of your comments and feedback! It truly is a lot of fun to post about the random goings on in my life and head. Here's to another adventure-driven year ahead!

-the Orange Canadian

3 comments:

  1. I love the video! You are FAMOUS Emily! I LOVE the blog!!!! And you!!!!!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. POPCORNNNNNNNN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too, SC! I'm not so sure I'd say I'm famous, though!

    Idris - whenever you feel like making me some...

    ReplyDelete