Sunday 31 July 2016

Beachin' Sunset by the Sea!

Sometimes after a hot and stressful day, your brother reads your mind and tells you to take a drive to the beach to unwind. And this was exactly what I was needing - a little decompression by the sea, if you will. 

Little did I know that when I arrived, I would be greeted by one spectacular sunset! The colours in the photos below do no justice to what it actually looked like, but it was incredible!

Arrival at Lawrencetown Beach.
Epic colours along the beach skyline.

Lawrencetown is one of my favourite places in Nova Scotia... maybe even in the world. It's a place I've always be drawn to when there is unrest in my life. It's where I had my first allergic reaction to almonds... and then later to soy. It's where I was just before the great Porters Lake Forest Fire of  2008. It's where I went to escape the heat, to say good-bye before heading off on an adventure outside of the province (and sometimes even "the city"), and where I took a few minutes to just be in the moment and soak up the overwhelmingly beautiful natural setting surrounding me. 



When people talk about going to "the beach" this is what I think of. Not a lake. The ocean. I'm a firm believer that it is not considered a beach if you build a sandcastle and still find it there the next day, perfectly intact. Sure a lake can have a few waves lapping against the water's edge, but not like this: 


And after the intense sunset on arrival, it was even more incredible an hour later as I made my way back to the car to head home.


It's always amazing to me how such dramatic colours can be found almost painted before you.




With all the unrest and unsettling scenarios taking place in the world today, it's nice to find a bit of tranquility. And sometimes, there's a bit of comfort in knowing that there are moments in life that are really nothing more than a Bob Ross masterpiece! 

-the Orange Canadian

No comments:

Post a Comment